Senior Torin Dorn finished his career at NC State with a bang last night in the Wolfpack’s 93-92 loss to Lipscomb in the Quarterfinals of the NIT. He finished with a career high 34 points, setting a new Wolfpack record for points scored by a player in a NIT game (Previous Record: 26 points – Markell Johnson & Hawkeye Whitney).
Every coach, every teammate, every athletic director, every fan dreams of having players like Torin Dorn represent them.
Intelligent. Humble. Strong work ethic. Professional. Leads by example.
What type of legacy does Dorn leave at NC State?
Dorn ranks 33rd all-time in NC State history in scoring (1,267 points), and he managed to do this in only three seasons. Don’t forget that he was the Conference USA Freshman of the Year at UNC-Charlotte, averaging 12 points per game. For kicks and giggles, if you were to add his points from his Freshman season with the 49ers, he would rank 8th all-time in school history.
As a Senior, Dorn managed to pull off the feat of leading the team in scoring (14.0) and rebounding (7.2). Only 21 Wolpack players are a part of this scoring/rebounding club.
- Torin Dorn (14.0/7.2/2018-19)
- TJ Warren (24.9/7.1/2013-14)
- Tracy Smith (16.5/7.3/2009-10)
- JJ Hickson (14.8/8.5/2007-08)
- Brandon Costner (16.8/7.3/2006-07)
- Julius Hodge (17.0/6.6/2004-05)
- Julius Hodge (17.7/5.5/2002-03)
- Anthony Grundy (17.8/5.5/2001-02)
- Todd Fuller (20.9/9.9/1995-96)
- Todd Fuller (16.4/8.6/1994-95)
- Todd Fuller (11.8/8.4/1993-94)
- Kevin Thompson (15.5/9.1/1992-93)
- Tom Gugliotta (22.5/9.0/1991-92)
- Chris Washburn (17.6/6.7/1985-86)
- Thurl Bailey (16.7/7.7/1982-83)
- Thurl Bailey (13.7/6.8/1981-82)
- Thurl Bailey (12.3/6.1/1980-81)
- Hawkeye Whitney (18.6/4.9/1979-80)
- Hawkeye Whitney (17.8/6.1/1978-79)
- Kenny Carr (21.0/9.9/1976-77)
- Kenny Carr (26.6/10.3/1975-76)
- Tommy Burleson (21.3/14.0/1971-72)
- Vann Williford (23.7/10.0/1969-70)
- Vann Williford (21.6/10.0/1968-69)
- Bill Kretzer (11.7/7.2/1966-67)
- Bob DiStefano (13.2/8.6/1960-61)
- Bob DiStefano (12.7/9.1/1959-60)
- John Richter (17.0/14.2/1958-59)
- John Richter (15.5/12.7/1956-57)
- Ronnie Shavlik (18.2/19.5/1955-56)
- Ronnie Shavlik (22.1/18.2/1954-55)
- Bobby Speight (16.9/11.1/1952-53)
Dorn is tied for the 2nd shortest player in NC State history to lead the Wolfpack in both scoring and rebounding.
- Anthony Grundy – 6’3″
- Torin Dorn – 6’5″
- Hawkeye Whitney – 6’5″
- John Richter – 6’5″
Dorn will be extremely missed on next years squad, but his impact on this team will go on for years to come, because he left an imprint on all the returning players.
That’s the type of legacy Dorn left in Raleigh.
Senior Torin Dorn finished his career at NC State with a bang last night in the Wolfpack’s 93-92 loss to Lipscomb in the Quarterfinals of the NIT. He finished with a career high 34 points, setting a new Wolfpack record for points scored by a player in a NIT game (Previous Record: 26 points – […]
The post Torin Dorn’s Legacy at NC State appeared first on Pack Insider. […]Read More