Elements Brands owns a variety of consumer products companies that started as hidden gems with loyal followings. Our team of experts amplifies their awesome attributes and untapped potential while maintaining each brand’s original name
and soul. Our company was founded by an ex-investment banker who wanted to do meaningful work with a better life balance. At Elements Brands, we have a startup feel and a focus on collaboration, results and learning fast. Recently named one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work and Fast 50, we are growing quickly (doubling revenue each of the past 5 years) and aim to accelerate that pace even further – the Accounting & Finance Associate is critical to this plan. We are very excited to meet you.
Accounting guru. Financial wizard. Elements Brands is seeking a person with a strong analytical and entrepreneurial mindset to support our business in accounting and finance. Reporting directly to our Director of Finance & Operations, you’ll be responsible for the preparation, integration and reporting of financial information from our NetSuite ERP system as well as the overall maintenance of our general ledger. This role is perfect for someone early in their career looking to play a key part in income statement forecasting, budgeting, month-end closing and financial reporting. If you have experience in accounting and corporate finance, this is your chance to make a serious impact on a high growth business.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong bias towards accounting and finance, but must eagerly immerse themselves within all of our business units here at Elements Brands. This person will become our analytical authority and the quantitative resource that the business will tap to maximize our continued growth.
Had you been with us last month, you would have
• Consolidated our financial reporting package for our Q1 board meeting
• Participated in strategy discussion to help improve financial tracking, budgeting and controls as Elements Brands continues to grow.
• Assisted with month-end close and account reconciliation of our general ledger.
• Collaborated with the Sales Department to drive margin improvements in our private label and wholesale business segment.
• Performed ROI analysis on our Call Center to drive a change in strategy.
• Evaluated the financial impact of our general business insurance renewal process.
• Participated in our company-wide March Madness pool for cash, an extra paid day off and ultimate bragging rights.
To be a good fit for this job, you must have:
• Fluency in Microsoft Excel. This is a must. You have to be an excel guru.
• At minimum 2 years of experience in accounting and/or corporate finance.
• A highly quantitative and analytical mindset – you need to be comfortable completing analysis in excel and building operational and forecasting models.
• Experience with and love for NetSuite is a plus.
• The ability to communicate your findings in a simple yet effective manner.
• Ideal candidate can number crunch and discuss their analysis in simple terms.
• A strong bias toward execution. You have to love working independently and thrive when given freedom and flexibility – you don’t need a babysitter.
• A sense of humor and the ability to roll with the punches.
• A desire to get your hands dirty in a small company where your work matters.
• Commensurate with experience. Paid vacation, holidays and parental leave.
• Company-paid healthcare and 401(k) with matching.
Submit your PDF resume (including GPA) via email with the subject “Accounting & Finance Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elements Brands owns a variety of consumer products companies that started as hidden gems with loyal followings. Our team of experts amplifies their awesome attributes and untapped potential while maintaining each brand’s original name and soul. Our company was founded by an ex-investment banker who wanted to do meaningful work with a better life balance. […]
The post Accounting & Finance Associate appeared first on Charlotte Agenda. […]Read More